**Effective January 1, 2018, there is a REFUNDABLE deposit of $25.00 for the use of the Pavilion on Delta Rd. and the picnic area in the nature park on Hotchkiss Rd. Please contact the office at 989-686-5300 for further information**

Office Hours

8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.


Website Updated: 07-20-2018
« July 2018 »

Township Board Members

Supervisor: Ronald Campbell

Treasurer: Mary M. Revord

Clerk: Deborah Fisher

Trustee: James Begick

Trustee: Samuel Britton


Administrative Assistant:  Debbie Gibbon

Assistant Secretary:  Amy Stothard

Notary Services


Notary services are available to our residents.  Please call for available times.


Note:  A notary witnesses a signature on a document.  They do not verify the accuracy of the document being signed.  Please do not sign any document prior to arriving at the Township Office.

BAY Alerts Emergency Messaging Notification System is designed to instantly reach cell phones, other mobile devices and land-lines when urgent information needs to be communicated. If interested, you can register at http://www.baycounty-mi.gov/bayalerts.aspx. You will receive emergency notifications such as tornado warnings, shelter-in-place and evacuation requests. You may also choose to receive weather advisories, road closures, and other general information. If you have more questions you may call Bay County Emergency Management at 989-895-4112.

Frankenlust Township is about 26 square miles in size.  Our boundaries are from Hotchkiss Road to Freeland Road and Eight Mile Road to Evergreen Drive.  Frankenlust was originally established as a colony of German immigrants in 1848.  The current township administration building’s ground breaking took place in 1976 and the dedication of the new building was October 23, 1977. The former building sits behind our current building near the creek.


Frankenlust is a friendly community with many diverse people.  Much of Frankenlust Township is farm land with room for business as well as rural growth.  We have a Nature Park on the southeast corner of Three Mile Road and Hotchkiss Road.  There are 2 ponds with fish and a nice array of wild life which include deer, fox, rabbit, birds, raccoon, opossum, and muskrats.  Please let us know if you spot anything new walking about in the park.


There is also a Township Park near the administrative building.  There are swings, merry-go-round, a teeter totter, springy animals, a slide, barbecue grills, picnic tables, a pavilion and a portable john during the warm months.  Squaconning Creek runs along the north side of our Township Park and if you’re lucky you’ll see fish swimming through.

Park Information


Our park, located next to the township hall, is open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.  We have a pavilion, grills, picnic tables and a playground.  Outdoor bathrooms are available during the summer months.  Please, no pets allowed.


Bulk Water   

We offer bulk water on the south side of the Township Hall.  $1 will buy you 250 gallons of water. The money machine takes 1’s, 5’s, 10’s and 20’s.  It does not accept coins or give change.   You will need to have a 2” hose and a 2” female coupler to access the water supply.  We ask that you do not use containers or equipment that have been exposed to any chemicals.


Click Here

to report a power outage, burnt street light, or other electrical outage.

Township Newsletter


Township Newsletters are sent out with information and notices two times a year, and are mailed with the Summer & Winter Tax Bills. The dates that our office is closed for holidays are listed in the Newsletters. We do allow advertising. The price for a credit card size ad is $25, for an ad the size of two credit cards it is $50. Please contact Secretary Amy at the Township Office if you are interested in placing an ad.

C:\Documents and Settings\Debbie\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IJOLA5U7\MCj04080520000[1].wmfBurn Permits


According to the State Law, if you live within 1,400 feet of the City Limits, you are not allowed to open burn.  All others please call the township office if you need to request a Burn Permit.  Leave your name, the address where you are going to burn, the date you’d like to burn and a phone number where you can be reached.


OPEN BURNINGS are for YARD WASTE ONLY, no building materials or flammable substances are allowed.  The fire must be done during daylight hours and attended by a competent person with an ample supply of water at all times.  If the fire dept. receives a complaint, they will be dispatched and if there are any violations the fire shall be extinguished and a fine of $500 or more may be issued.  You can request a burn permit for up to 3 days.  There is no fee for this permit.