1848: Reverend Mr. Sievers established a colony of German
1880: Population was 768
7/3/1881: The state legislature took Frankenlust Twp. (then
part of Kochville Twp.) from Saginaw County and gave it to Bay County.
4/3/1882: First election took place at the Frankenlust
Public Hall. First officers elected were: Supervisor, John A. Leinberger,
Clerk, John Riegel, Treasurer, and John Neumeyer. There were also: 2 School
Inspector, 1 Highway Commissioner, 1 Drain Commissioner, 4 Justices of the
Peace, 4 Constables and 6 Board Overseers.
12/8/1888: First meeting in new Hall.
1896: John Berger was engaged in the manufacture of cheese,
J.S. Snell had a creamery and there was a mill, 4 hotels and two Post Offices.
4/2/1977: Last Annual meeting in Old Twp. Hall.
One of the first voting machines was used in Frankenlust
Twp. (made of wood).
11/1/1974: Frankenlust Twp. and Bay Valley sign agreement
for swap of 4.7 acres of land. (Current location of Twp. Hall.)
6/1976: Bond proposal and one mill tax approved by voters
for new Hall.
12/1976: Ground breaking took place.
10/23/1977: Dedication of new building.
2010: Population 2,983.